Tuesday 13 January 2009

apple best pie recipe

I made pie, naturally. I tried a pie recipe from the Christmas baking
issue of "Better Homes and Gardens" (at least I think that's the
magazine, and I don't have it here to check). It was the chocolate-nut
pie featured on the cover.
About five years ago, I brought an apple
pie to Thanksgiving from some recipe I had made up while I was going
along–feh, who needs a recipe for apple pie?–and my aunt declared it
the best apple pie she had ever tasted.
View the recipe.
About five
years ago, I brought an apple pie to Thanksgiving from some recipe I
had made up while I was going along–feh, who needs a recipe for apple
pie?–and my aunt declared it the best apple pie she had ever tasted.

So Anne didn't get her apple pie, for which I can say: stupid
sickness bug. I have promised to make it for her the next time she's
over from Ireland, but shall in the mean time post the recipe here
(along with a picture of baby Matthew,
I made pie, naturally. I tried
a pie recipe from the Christmas baking issue of "Better Homes and
Gardens" (at least I think that's the magazine, and I don't have it
here to check). It was the chocolate-nut pie featured on the cover.

Between now and then, I challenge us to practice our pie and pastry
skills. A month before, I'll invite home cooks to participate in the
Great American Pie Bake, sharing our best pie recipes and our best
tips for producing tender,
Apple Pie Pie Recipe Kitchen Gadget Apple
Pie Video Cooking Video » PLIGG_Visual_RSS_OriginalNews.
View the
recipe.
A favorite dessert in North America, with its two rounds of
best pastry enclosing slices of cinnamon sugared apples. See best
apple pie recipe ingredients and baking directions after this jump.
Apple pie crust recipe (makes one double
Because raw apples shrink a
great deal during baking, apple pies tend to develop a gap between the
top crust and fruit, causing the top crust to crumble when the pie is
sliced. In this recipe, the filling is precooked and thus preshrunk

The idea for this recipe came from a newspaper article, it was about
a raw food event in Texas. This version is more simple, quick and
easy. It's been great to experiment with around the holidays. It
tastes best after marinating
Well we all know that the best part of
an apple pie is the filling, so here we have that filling tucked
inside a perfectly respectable omelet--and the results are
spectacular! As Gina mentions in the book, you don't need to limit
this
make an apple cider based punch of some sort (given the holiday
season, and I would like to try to elevate my peers from the normal
vodka/fruit punch and gin bucket that they are used to). I saw a few
recipes for 'Apple Pie' shots
Between now and then, I challenge us to
practice our pie and pastry skills. A month before, I'll invite home
cooks to participate in the Great American Pie Bake, sharing our best
pie recipes and our best tips for producing tender,
Well we all know
that the best part of an apple pie is the filling, so here we have
that filling tucked inside a perfectly respectable omelet--and the
results are spectacular! As Gina mentions in the book, you don't need
to limit this

http://cooking-masters.blogspot.com/2009/01/8-dream-macromedia-recipe-weaver.html

No comments:

Post a Comment